.

Friday, August 30, 2019

My Hero: Drew Chadwick

Every child has a hero, someone he looks up to, someone he tries to be like in every way possible. His hero may be his mom or dad, or Spiderman or Batman. Even today as teenagers we still have heroes; even parents have heroes. A hero is defined as â€Å"a person, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. (dictionary. com)† My hero is Drew Chadwick of Emblem3. Drew is my hero because he has the qualities I value in a person; they include a humble and inspirational outlook, a true talent for music, and the genius mind behind Team Inspire.Drew has a humble outlook on life and an inspiring message he tries to spread, which is one of the reasons he is my hero. His motto in life is very different from most boys; his motto is â€Å"Namaste. † According to Drew, it means ‘I honor the place in you where the universe resides, and when I am in that place and when you are in that place, we are one. ’ Last year was very diffi cult for me; personally I went through a rough time and his outlook inspired me to get through it. Drew went through the same thing I did.Sharing his story and message showed me sometimes its ok, not to be okay. Drew’s music is unlike something you would normally hear on the radio. His lyrics come from his heart and his experiences. He leaves his heart and soul out on the stage when he performs. Drew’s lyrics are easily relatable and have helped me through the most challenging times. From â€Å"The Boy Who Was Torn Apart† to â€Å"True Friends† there is something in the lyrics that I can relate to. His words inspire me to be a better person every day.Lastly, Drew us one of the master minds behind Team Inspire. It amazes me that he is a part of such an inspirational movement. â€Å"Team Inspire Project is a movement dedicated to bringing conscious awareness worldwide through the power of inspiration. By encouraging young people to tap into their highest p otential, Team Inspire believes they can change the world one mind at a time. † When Drew is not touring he spends his time working with Team Inspire. Personally, I am a member of a Team Inspire.A few things I do with Team Inspire are local beach cleanups and participate in workshops that show better and healthier ways to live. Through the work of Team Inspire I along with Drew and others are learning how to change the world one mind at a time. This summer I had the chance to meet my hero and was able to tell him how much he meant to me and inspired me. Everyone has a hero and my hero is Drew Chadwick. Drew’s humble and inspirational outlook, true talent for music, and genius mind behind Team Inspire make him my perfect hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment