.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Bridging Academic and Career Competencies Essay

The university education goals are essential skills that hiring managers look for when re vox populiing applications. Knowing how to incorporate the learning goals into your passage competencies can help you in the application and career-search process. Fill in the following table with 100-word summaries of how each university learning goal can help you with career cultivatedness.University learning goalHow each goal prepares you for success in the studyProfessional Competence and ValuesProfessional Competence and Values prepares me for success in the employment by giving me the classes that I need to be successful in a future career and my personal life. The university providing these courses, which give the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful, is helpful to me since I am not being put into classes that I set out nothing to do with my career field. This goal also encourages lifelong learning, which encourages me to take away more classes once I graduate from my cu rrent program and strive to learn more when I enter my career field post-graduation.Critical thought process and Problem SolvingCritical ventureing and Problem Solving prepares me for success in the workplace by giving me the skills to be better with how I think about and address problems. While in the workplace, this will help me and has helped me so far to take my thoughts from just a yes or no answer, to answers that I have reflected on more. This goal will also help give me the skills to come up with a more reasoned and detailed solution when solving a problem. With that knowledge, I can explain to my employer the solution I chose for a problem and why I chose it.CommunicationCommunication helps me prepare for success in the workplace by giving me the knowledge I need to be a better formal communicator. Learning how to better use grammar, punctuation, and tone in how I write will help when I need tosend memos to colleagues in my career field. Having that information will help me better communicate to them professionally, and not how I would talk to my friends on a daily basis. Communication will also help with how I present my ideas to others, so that they are easy to understand and respectful of colleagues both in the tone and words that I use.Information UtilizationInformation Utilization helps me prepare for success in the workplace by component part me to improve my research skills and how I use the information that I find. Having classes where I have to locate answers using the research skills that I already have, causes me to better afflict what I am already doing so that when I enter a career field, I will not need assistance if I am looking for information that I may need. This goal also will help me to use the proper information, so that whatever I am functional on can be right the first time and negate the need to have to go back and research again.CollaborationCollaboration helps me prepare for success in the workplace by allowing me to wo rk in groups with other students on projects. Collaborating will give the ability to hear and see things from multiple points of view that I do not possess, something that will help me when I get to a career. Collaboration will help me with the ability to trust team members, and not be quick to judge or try to do things on my own, as in my chosen career field, that is not something I will be able to do, and will have to work with others on solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment